Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving and so on

Well, yesterday we went to Thanksgiving at Uncle Ren's house. I have to be honest. I was really nervous. I was super afraid that my kids would destroy their house and be really obnoxious. Luckily, they were very good until it was time to go and we were all tired. It also helped that Ren and Shelley really don't have much furniture or other "things" that could easily be destroyed. Their new house is really nice! We had a great meal and a nice relaxing day. Now for the "so on"
This week Elliott learned how to make his own chocolate milk. Jacob supervised and helped when Elliott wasn't strong enough to lift the milk. They were a great team and very successful. Jacob is still sick. I don't really think he will ever be normal. He either is having asthma problems, extreme snot from the nose, or bowel problems as is the case right now. I know he made a deal with Heavenly Father so he would be the only child to take on these illnesses. Luckily we have not seen any other kidney stones!! Abby is still being 5. Some days she is the sweetest girl in the world. Other days she is, well, NOT! I am trying to keep my patience with her. What a challenge. Elliott is hillarious! He is picking up phrases from school, I think, that really crack me up. Of course I can't think of anything now, but when I remember, I'll add them to the blog.
I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and are still feasting on left overs.

1 comment:

GramiTami said...

SO glad to hear that Thanksgiving at Ren's house was a success!! How did the cranberry relish turn out? Sorry to hear that Jacob is not feeling well...I hadn't realized that his asthma was still giving him so much trouble (until you posted about it recently). Had a great time in Oregon--Natalie is a perfect, sweet baby! Always good to get home again, too.