Sunday, December 21, 2008

Well, I don't know where the time has gone, but Merry Christmas to you all. We are excited to celebrate Christmas this year. I think we are finally figuring this gift thing out. We have finally realized that our kids don't need or really want a ton of stuff on Christmas. They each only asked for about three things. Although we can't get Elliott the computer that he asked Santa for, we are doing our best. Last year we just had fun being together, staying in our jammies and playing with our stuff.
So here is the update. Richard is doing really great. He is really successful at his job and has actually been told that he is one of the top salesmen for truck caps. As you all know, it doesn't matter what he does, he will be the best! I am losing my position at the YMCA because some upper management does not see the need for supervision in my child care area. I think this decision will be changed when they realize what a huge mistake it is. We are having budget cuts at the Y and evidently I make waaaaaay too much for them to afford me. So I will now be teaching the homeschool P.E. class, a pre-school dance class, and I will be picking up hours in the child watch area. I'm not excited about that last part, but until something better comes along...
Jacob is great of course. He is almost a Math Whiz at his school which is fantastic. We were hoping that he would get it before break, but he missed on problem. There is only one person in his class that is a Math Whiz so far. He also has learned chess. Richard taught him the other night. He picked it up really quickly and is now practicing so he can build a strategy. Abby is...well...Abby. I really don't understand her sometimes and I'm sure I am not the only mother of little girls that feel the same way. She has become helpless. She can't do anything with out me. Here is one example: the girl has been going pee on the potty for 3 years and she thinks I have to be there with her. Well, we all know how this went over... I said no...she whined...I said no...she cried...I said no... she does the pee pee dance...I said no-do we see where this is going? I find myself losing it! Why can't she understand that no means no? One of the tubes in her ear has fallen out (which it is supposed to) and of course that has been bothering her, so no matter what terrible thing happens to her during the day, it's because of the tube. Unless of course Jacob is home because then it is "his fault." Elliott is just perfect! I know it isn't going to last forever, but other than the use of the words idiot and stupid, he is great. He is helpful and loving, he plays nicely with everyone, and obeys pretty well. He is also really good at entertaining himself. Give the kid a car and he is just fine.
I hope to have some more pictures posted soon, I need you all to see our Christmas tree! Last year we started a tradition of making our own trees. Last year it was a big piece of butcher paper and our green hand prints made the leaves of the tree. This year, all I have to say is Charlie Brown!
Have a great Christmas everyone!!

1 comment:

GramiTami said...

Hi Shannon! THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE NEW POST!! Glad Jacob's health seems more stable. WOW that he is learning chess! Abby IS your "middle child." What more can I say?? Can't wait to see photos of your tree, and the kids, of course! Are you making the famous egg-sausage casserole this year?? We're all excited for it. MERRY CHRISTMAS!